Your rights, your information and how we use it
Manor Brokers is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
We are Manor Brokers, independent financial advisers and insurance brokers.
How to contact us
FAO – Data Protection Officer
2 Manor Road
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, date of birth and contact details
- Information connected to your product or service with us e.g. your bank account details
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your health, material or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
- Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applications or beneficiaries for products you have with us
- Information on children e.g. where a child as a beneficiary on the policy taken out by a parent or guardian on their behalf. In these cases, we will collect and use only the information required to identify the child (such as their name, age, gender)
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- An application form for a product or service
- Phone conversations with us
- Emails or letters you send to us
- Meetings with one of our financial advisers
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- You have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about products and services offered by Manor Brokers
- It’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regularity obligations e.g. to send you Annual Statements, tell you about changes to Terms and Conditions or for the detection and prevention of fraud
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘what we collect and use your information for’
These third parties include:
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we odder to you and other customer e.g. research, consultancy or technology companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with your, for example and internet service provider
- Our regulators and Supervisory Authority e.g. the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) e.g. for the processing of tax relief on pension payments or the prevention of tax avoidance
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Manor Brokers uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Manor Brokers to continue to have it.
Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right to ask Manor Brokers to:
- Give you information about its processing of your personal information
- Request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processes
- Carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making and profiling processes are working as they should
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies (Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.